The government has launched an operation to recover digital learning devices stolen from Mosobecho Primary School in Nandi County.
The gadgets, among them 46 tablets, are suspected to have been stolen by burglars last Saturday.
The action has interrupted learning.
The Education ministry started the programme in November last year.
Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) Cabinet Secretary Joe Mucheru is confident that the culprits will be caught and the devices recovered.
“The government is taking the issue very seriously as this is not only a theft of devices but an attack on the future of our children,” Mr Mucheru said in a statement Thursday.
Mr Mucheru advised school administrators to tighten security measures to avoid similar incidents.
Nandi County Commissioner Lucy Mulili and ICT Authority CEO Robert Mugo said the investigations are going on well.
“Investigations are progressing well. We are holding barazas across the county to address the issue with the local community,” Ms Mulili said during her visit to the school on Thursday.
She added that a 48-hour ultimatum had been issued for the return of the items.
On his part, Mr Mugo urged residents to cooperate with the security officers and volunteer any information that will lead to the arrest of the culprits.