SAD! Family of Three Die of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning from a Burning Charcoal Stove

0

A family of three was found dead in their two-roomed house in Nairobi’s Dandora estate on Tuesday.

Preliminatry police investigations indicated the three died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a bruning charcoal stove.

The police are said to have found a charcoal stove which the family was using to boil a Githeri – a Kenyan traditional meal of maize and any type of beans.

The three have been identified as Jackson Ogutu, 33, his wife Goretty Otieno, 22, and their four-year-old daughter Keyla Owino.

Their lifeless bodies were found lying on a bed by neighbours who became curious after they failed to see the three for the better part of the day.

“Today I did not see him and my suspicion served me right when his immediate neighbors asked about the whereabouts of his wife and daughter,” said a caretaker.

He said they tried to knock on the door but there was no response.

“We decided to break the door only to find Ogutu and his wife lying on one bed and their little daughter on a separate bed in the same room,” he said.

The bodies were taken to the City Mortuary.

rn rn

You might also like

Leave a comment