One of Nollywood most celebrated actors, Pete Edochie is 70 today, March 7, 2017, and as expected, many have started sending him wishes to mark the memorable day.
His son and Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie was the first on the list as he took to his Instagram page early this morning to celebrate him.
Also See: Popular Nigerian Actor Hanks Anuku Changes Nationality For This Reason
“Happy 70th birthday to my father, Chief Pete Edochie. I thank God for your life and I pray you see many more great years. God be with you always Dad.”
Here Are 10 Quick Facts You Should Know About Pete Edochie
- Pete Edochie who was born on March 7, 1947, in Enugu, Enugu State, is an indigene of Anambra State.
- He had his primary and secondary Education in Zaria, Kaduna State.
- After his secondary education, Pete Edochie worked with the Nigerian Railway Cooperation, NRC, before proceeding to the UK to do a course in Journalism and Television at the School of Journalism and television in England.
- In 1967 he joined the Eastern Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation and in 1980, he was trained formally in the British Broadcasting Corporation as a broadcaster.
- The Veteran actor, came into limelight in the 1980s when he played the lead role of Okonkwo in the Nigerian Television Authority’s adaptation of Chinua Achebe best-selling novel, Things Fall Apart. Since then, Pete Edochie has featured in over 200 Nollywood movies and his prowess in the industry has won him many national and international awards.
- Pete is well known for his roles in movies like Igodo, Egg of Life, The Lions, Evil Men, Oracle, Narrow Escape, Billionaires Club, Sins Of Our Forefathers, My Love, Felony, etc.
- He was kidnapped on August 16, 2009, on his way to an event along Nkpor in Anambra State, But was immediately released the next day.
- In 2012, Pete Edochie was reported dead while he was the onset of a new movie in the northern part of the country at the time.
- In 2014, Pete was honoured with an AMVCA Industry Merit Award for his influence in the growth of the African movie industry.
- The Veteran actor has been married for over 45 years, with children among who are Yul Edochie and Linc Edochie, who are both Nollywood actors.
Also See: Olajumoke Marks One Year In Fame, Thanks Nigerians For Accepting Her
Happy Birthday Sir.