‘Please allow us to deal with this matter’ – ANC on war room saga
Nomahlubi Jordaan | 2017-01-30 15:50:35.0
ANC SG Gwede Mantashe has asked that the party be given time to deal with the “war room” saga.
Image by: Simphiwe Nkwali © Sunday Times
African National Congress (ANC) Secretary General Gwede Mantashe has asked that the party be given time to deal with the “war room” saga.
“Please allow us to deal with this matter. We take it very seriously. It’s a serious matter to us‚” Mantashe said on Monday at a media briefing the party called.
He said any evidence linked to the matter would be brought as evidence to disciplinary “processes”.
Mantashe was responding to a question on reports that public relations expert Sihle Bolani said she said shared a report detailing how the ANC “planned to spend R50-million on a covert campaign targeting opposition parties in the 2016 local government elections” with Minister in the Presidency Jeff Radebe.
Bolani took the ANC to court last week‚ claiming that she was owed R2.2 million for work done by her company during the campaign to bolster the image of the party and disempower political rivals during the 2016 local government elections.