Murder accused invites masses to WhatsApp ‘Confession Monday’


Percy Khoza‚ who has been behind bars since 2014‚ took to Facebook at the weekend and called on those who were interested in being part of the group to send their numbers.

“I’ve created a group on Whats app called ‘Confession Monday’. Inbox me your number and I will add you to it‚” he wrote.

It is unclear how he has managed to keep his social media accounts active from behind bars.

Scores of his friends responded by sending through their cellphone numbers.

Khoza had dubbed today ‘Confession Monday’ because he claimed he would be putting “an end to this” with a “confession statement” about what had happened to Mary-Lee Mucambe.

He also called on those interested in the case to come to court‚ highlighting that the case had drawn local and international media interest.

Proceedings got under way at the South Gauteng High Court on Monday with a few of Khoza’s supporters in the court gallery.

He walked up from the court holding cells with a black backpack draped on his shoulders.

Khoza looked clean in a white Uzzi t-shirt with a silver chain that has a cross-pendant around his neck.

He waved to a row of girls seated in the gallery and winked at one of the girls in court.

She blushed and giggled as her accomplices looked on.

The State and defence began delivering their arguments.

Mucambe was found stabbed several times and stuffed into the boot of her car which was dumped in Jules Street‚ Johannesburg in October 2014.

Khoza‚ who went on the run following Mucambe’s murder‚ has pleaded not guilty to the crime.

He claims it was his then girlfriend‚ Kgomotso Masemola‚ who killed Mucambe in a bout of jealous rage after finding her at his home.

Khoza claimed that all he had done was help to clean up the bloody scene‚ conceal the body before he later disposed of it.

He painted Masemola as a jealous and abusive lover who had threatened some of his female friends and colleagues.

Khoza also claimed that Masemola had been physical with him on numerous occasions.

He was arrested in Witbank after days on the run.

This was after Mucambe’s body was found in the boot of her abandoned vehicle in Jules street‚ Malvern.

During his testimony‚ Khoza claimed that he had not been able to been forthcoming with information before because Masemola had threatened to kill his daughter and mother.

Masemola was also arrested shortly after the murder. She was found in possession of Mucambe’s cellphone but was released after she told police that Khoza had given her the phone.

On his Facebook post‚ Khoza called on those who know Masemola to tell her to come to court and bring his daughter along.

He said his daughter‚ who is now three years old‚ “deserved to hear my confession too”. In a post loaded on November 30 on Facebook‚ Khoza wrote a heartfelt message to Mucambe with a picture of her attached.

He claimed that while he was present on the day Mary-Lee was killed‚ he never killed her.

In the post‚ Khoza apologised to Mucambe.

“I’m sorry I was a coward to help you out. I wasn’t man enough to stand up for you. I reacted in an abnormal way because I was in so much shock and disbelief. I felt like my head didn’t function after witnessing such trauma. I’m so sorry. At times I question my manhood because I couldn’t protect you.”

The case continues.

rn rn

You might also like

Leave a comment