I was told to come back to the SABC before I lost my car and houses, says Tbo Touch

0

Touch, who left Metro FM in June last year, lifted the lid on some of the roadblocks he allegedly faced as he tendered his resignation at the SABC.

He told listeners on his radio station that the meeting in which he announced his resignation lasted several hours and ended with the broadcaster apparently denying him the opportunity to say goodbye to his listeners.

He said the decision upset him, especially when he had to tell his co-hosts that he would not be on air that day.

He added that he faced stiff opposition to his idea for a new internet radio station in the days following his resignation.

“I got messages from people at the SABC to say that I should come back before I lose my cars and houses. I was determined to make it, though,” Touch told listeners.

He said that he turned down several opportunities from radio stations, including Primedia’s 947, in favour of doing it alone.

Touch will relaunch his Touch Central online radio station on March 16, teasing that he would include some big local and international artists in the launch. The launch will also include plans for a TV station.

Touch spoke about the TV station in an interview with Destiny Man last month, saying that he hoped to go live by September 2017.

The media mogul revealed that the total cost of the relaunch would be around R28 million.

rn rn

You might also like

Leave a comment