NotJustOk is a Nigerian online 24-hour music website. It was initially launched in 2006 by Ademola Ogundele as a personal music blog until he decided to turn it into a music website after he posted a clip of 9ice performing at Nelson Mandela’s 90th-anniversary concert in South Africa and the video garnered traffic for the site.
Currently, NotJustOk has become a hub for new Nigerian hip-hop/contemporary music, videos and music content. It’s also remarkable for exposing upcoming talented artistes and their materials by enabling them to upload their songs to the public through an online platform dubbed ‘mynotjustok’ which was launched on August 25, 2014.
See Also: How To Get Your Flight Tickets, Online Bookings With Medview Airline
The music website was voted no. 1 for promoting Nigerian music back in 2010 and 2011 respectively. Even some upcoming African musicians like Neza from Congo have been discovered and signed through NotJustOk.
Neza described Nigeria as the melting point of music adding that there’s no better home or platform for music branding and promotion than in the country.
NotJustOk conducts interviews with promising artistes/producers/directors in its Hype section, sells digital albums that are usually released the same time they are released physically. The platform has contributed immensely to the sales of prominent music albums, including Superstar by Wizkid, The W Experience by Banky W, C.E.O by Da Grin, and M.I.2 by M.I, and many others.
How to Subscribe and Upload your Songs on NotJustOk.com
Now, for aspiring artistes to promote their songs or audio track, the site requires the individual to first set up their profile with a username, after which they can proceed. But first, follow the steps below to sign in to the music site.
To Create a Profile
- Login to the website click on the round button on the top right corner and a drop down will appear.
- The first step is to is upload your image (either your picture or any image you want to be identified with) by clicking on the ‘Upload Image’ button and selecting your picture.
- Update your user/profile link name to enable people to find you easily on the MyNotjustok. It’s important to note that the username will determine the URL of your profile, therefore needs to be manually changed by you.
- Next is to type in your first and last name. You are expected to put something in at least the First Name field to enable people find you in the search area.
- Another tab will lead you to select the city and country of residence.
- Give more information about yourself on the ‘ describtion’ tab that follows.
- Also, include your social media sites to your profile by clicking the Drop Down – selecting what social media link you want to add by selecting the Add Link button.
- Finally, you click on the SAVE button to save all your data.
To Upload Songs
- Click on the UPLOAD button at the top of the MyNotjustOk site and the Upload Page appears
- The user can either click on the ‘Choose file to Upload’ button or drag songs to the ‘Drag a Song here to Upload’ portion of the screenshot as can be seen from the link.
- After dragging or uploading the mp3, mp4, wma, wav or ogg audio file it automatically starts to upload and convert the file.
- At this point click on the More Options and several fields will appear.
- The user is advised to first upload the single art.
- Enter the Song information which is the Artist Name and Title and add you description in the space provided.
- Next tab will be to enter the tags for the song you wish to upload. The tag includes the song label, the song title and name of the artiste.
- Click on the ‘User can buy the song’ if you wish for people to download the song.
- Enter the song you wish to add on iTunes using the link field provided below.
- But if you are not prepared to release the song, click on the Private box so that only you can have access to the song.
- Finally, you click on the ‘Save’ button the complete the task.
NotJustOk accommodates not only latest songs and music videos (including gospel music), but also music related contents such as entertainment news that focuses majorly on Nigerian musicians.
See Also: Music Therapy: 10 Health Benefits Of Listening To Music
Latest Music downloads at NotJustOk
Its latest music released in May 2017 include: VJ Adams x T-Josh – Mi O Raye Oshi, Rik Artsenz – I Am (EP), Lord Cornel Ft. Zoro – IGBO KWENU, Akuchi Ft. Olamide – Ringi Ringi, etc.